2017 has been the first one I spent nearly fully abroad, so travels have taken an important place this year. Since I’ve been living in California for work it was also an important topic - I:
- have (finally) been graduated from UTBM,
- released 13 AdwCleaner versions and did cool things at work,
- wrote several articles,
- improved my English skills (although my accent is still awful),
- discovered in details the huge mess of the US immigration system,
- learnt a lot about the US history and culture.
As expected, travels and hiking took an important place in the last 12 months. I:
- assisted at the arrival of the 2016-2017 Vendée Globe winner,
- spent a few days in Cantal, France,
- have been living in California since February,
- went to Phoenix, AZ,
- discovered the gorgeous CA1,
- slept in the heat of Death Valley National Park,
- went to DEFCON25 at Las Vegas,
- did a roadtrip accross California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah.
- hiked at Mount Rainier, WA,
- have been amazed at Point Reyes, CA,
- experienced a harsh winter by -30°C in Minnesota and Iowa,
This year was really intense in IT-related projects and I had to temporarily let aside a lot of things. I hope 2018 will continue on being professionnally interesting while being more balanced between IT and non-IT projects. Amongst other things:
- I will do the Tour du Mont Blanc in late July, a ~170Km hike accross France, Italy and Switzerland that I have to seriously train for,
- I will get back to sailing, a sport I should have never stopped practising (but more on this topic later),
- AdwCleaner 7.1 will be released, with major improvements to remediate and stop PUPs!
Welcome to 2018!